Fix Please download the Google voice plugin to make a call

| 0 comments ]

I work with my clients to help them with WordPress sites and provide consulting for Search Engine Optimization work.I am using Google Talk for video chats and making voice calls, recently I run into nightmare because Google talk on my Windows 7 desktop stopped working. The error message I was getting in Google Talk :

 Please download the  voice plugin to make a call
 To quickly fix the problem I searched on Google and ran into several Google support forums, Google came up with nice idea of support forums but to tell you the truth searching for solutions in forums sucks big time.I am an IT guy so I don't mind quckly scanning the forums but looking from a non-IT person point of view looking for answers in  support forums is really confusing and frustrating. All of sudden I am jumping from one Google Support forums to another because some one posted the link saying, here is a thread that fixed my problem. I am mean really looking from Google point of view they want to make everything simple and user friendly but here I am jumping from one thread to another thread looking for answers on How to fix the Google Talk Plugin.

Here is What I did 

 I removed the Google Talk Plugin from C:\users\TomL\AppData\Local\Google\ Google Talk Plugin Folder on my Windows 7 machine and then re-installed as suggested on Google forums. I am not going to create a link here because that fix didn't work for me.

Solution that worked for to Fix "Please download the  voice plugin to make a call"

1.First close all your browser - Chrome, Firefox or Internet explorer and then remove the user folder

C:\users\userA\AppData\Local\Google\ Google Talk Plugin

2.Install the Google Talk Plugin offline version

http://dl.google.com/googletalk/googletalkplugin/2.1.8.0/googletalkpluginaccel.msi

 open your browser and  login to Google account ..bingo it fixed my Google voice in my Firefox.

0 comments

Post a Comment